- Jan 7, The Sci2 (Science of Science) Tool v1.2 beta release provides a range of bug fixes to existing plugins, improvements to plugins and plugin interfaces, and a new 64-bit Windows build.
- Dec 17, The Sci2 (Science of Science) Tool v1.1 beta release allows you to save and rerun existing workflow, even share the workflow with others. It supports Bing geocoder, large network clustering algorithms, Facebook Friends Reader, Twitter Reader, etc. Release Notes
- Nov 5, Katy Borner and Chin Hua Kong organize a Sci2 development workshop: Plug-and-Play Macroscopes Workshop at Cyberinfrastructure for Network Science center, Bloomington, IN.
- Aug 14, Robert Light and Chin Hua Kong teach Sci2 Workshop - VIVO Data and Visualizations: Design and Usage at 2013 VIVO ConferenceAustin, Texas.
- Jul 15-19, Katy Börner teaches Sci2 Workshop at 14th International Society of Scientometrics and Informetrics Conference, Vienna, Austria.
- Jun 26-29, David E. Polley and Samantha J. Hale teach Sci2 Workshop at Political Networks in an Interdisciplinary World, Political Networks Conference in Bloomington, IN.
- Jun 24-27, Katy Börner and Monika Herzig teach Sci2 Workshop at 4th Annual International Science of Team Science Conference, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL.
- May 7, Committee on Global Approaches to Advanced Computing; Board on Global Science and Technology (BGST); Policy and Global Affairs (PGA); National Research Council (2012). The New Global Ecosystem in Advanced Computing: Implications for U.S. Competitiveness and National Security. The National Academies Press.
- Jan 2nd, Cyberinfrastructure for Network Science (CNS) center offers an online class: Information Visualization MOOC (IVMOOC), using Google Course Builder.
- Jul 24, The latest Sci2 Tutorial for the National Institutes of Health, Portfolio Analysis Symposium is now available.
- Jun 13, The Sci2 (Science of Science) Tool v1.0 alpha release is now available, supports Mac OS X Cocoa frameworks platform and featuring new visualizations, Google Scholar Citation reader, R bridging, Gephi bridging, and many more. Release Notes
- Jun 5, Belter, Chris (2012). Visualizing Networks of Scientific Research. Information Today, Inc.
- Apr 9, The Sci2 (Science of Science) Tool v0.5.2 alpha release is now available, featuring network overlays on the geographical map, Prefuse's visualizations on Mac's OS X, and many more features. Release Notes
- Jun 27-28, Sci2 Tutorial and Research Talk at the Institut fur Forschungsinformation und Qualitatssicherung, Berlin, Germany.
- Jun 18-19, Thomas Smith and Joseph Biberstine teach Workshop and present a poster at the NetSci Conference, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL
- Apr 19, Sci2 Tutorial Bounce back at Meertens, KNAW, Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- Apr 13, Sci2 Tutorial at OECD, Paris, France.
- Mar 26-29, Robert Light presents Sci2 Tutorial at BBSRC in the UK.
- Feb 16, Katy Börner teaches Tutorial for Arts and Humanities Scholars at Meertens, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- Dec 2, Support for the newest version of the ISI Web of Science file format can be added to Sci2 by downloading the plugins available here
- Nov 3, Cyberinfrastructure for Network Science Center 2011 Open House
- May 4, Sci2 Tool v0.5.1 alpha is now available, featuring enhancements to the Burst Detection algorithm and several bug fixes. Release Notes
- Apr 14, NWB/Sci2 Workshop at Science of Team Science Conference, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL.
- Mar 30, The Cyberinfrastructure for Network Science Center is pleased to announce the release of the Sci2 (Science of Science) Tool v0.5 alpha! Release Notes
- Nov 11, Cyberinfrastructure for Network Science Center 2010 Open House
- Talk Series on Networks & Complex Systems is open to all Indiana University faculty and students interested in network analysis, modeling, visualization, and complex systems research.
- Dec 22, The Trustees of Indiana University. SLIS researcher promotes Innovation Dashboard for policymakers during Capitol Hill visit. (website).